Skip to main content

Alexander Central School District

Parents » Working Papers for Minors

Working Papers for Minors

Parents/guardians and minors must complete the appropriate application form and email it to Lisa Atkinson at . A fillable PDF version of the AT-17 Application for Employment Certificate is now available on NYSED’s Employment of Minors website. These forms allow digital signatures.  The minor must have a current physical (within the past 12 months of application) on file or faxed to 585-591-1098.  A video call with the minor, and if required, the parent or guardian may need to be scheduled if additional documentation is needed . During this video call, the minor presents required documentation as per the Certificating Officers Manual. Once all requirements are met the working card will be mailed to the minor. The minor should sign the card upon receipt. The requirement that the minor sign the card in the presence of the certificating officer is temporarily waived for the duration of New York’s COVID-19 school closures.  If you have any questions please contact Lisa Atkinson at